My stepson was caught calling the Miami Heat “we”. Around here, he ought to know better than that.
You know as well as I do about bandwagoners. Those are the people who go with a team because they win a lot. There’s not a whole lot of respect here for those people. Bandwagoners are about the lowest form of life, because most of the time, they don’t know much about the sport or the team they are pulling for.
Typically, you can’t be a bandwagoner for a team that sucks. If you’re a BobCats fan, you aren’t a bandwagoner. If your a The Lakers fan, you probably are a bandwagoner. You probably also like the Cowboys, the Yankees, the Red Wings and a bunch of other teams who have won titles… recent titles.
Here’s a few items to determine if you are a bandwagoner:
– No one knows you are a fan unless the team wins a big game
– No one knows you are a fan unless that team wins a title
– You’ve never seen your favorite team play in person
– No one knows you’re a fan of a team until you bring in a superstar
– You’ve seen your favorite team play less than I have: If you’ve seen any AFC West team play less than three times and you’re a fan of an AFC West team, you are NOT a fan of that AFC West team…you are a bandwagoner. Hey, The Lakers fan: If you’ve seen your team play less than three times in the Staples Center, you’re a bandwagoner in my book…which makes about 99 percent of you bandwagoners. Hey, Heat fan: I’ve seen your team play twice. Ah. There are no Heat fans other than season ticket holders.
Not many people get around the country like I do.